Friday, January 14, 2011

My Grandma’s Closet




































Rummage through Granny’s closet and you’re sure to find a treat. There’s nothing like vintage shopping, but one thing I have found is that vintage stores tend to be somewhat picked over and often overpriced. If you think about it, women primarily sell items to consignment stores that they no longer want, not their most prized attire. That is usually reserved for family. Well luckily in my case my Nagymama (Grandma) absolutely loves when I come out to Palm Springs for the Holidays and offers up fantastic vintage dudes for the simple reason that she knows I appreciate the beauty and value as much as she does. Plus I am family right… Anyways, my suggestion to find unique accessories to pair with the bright, innovative, and fashion forward looks coming out this year is to raid the closet of a loved one for that special classic piece to link with the new contemporary styles of 2011.